- Exterior fibre cement cladding (AC or fibro) and weatherboards
- Artificial brick cladding
- Flexible building boards – eave linings, bathroom linings, cement tile underlay
- Corrugated cement roofing
- Flue pipes
- Architectural cement pipe columns
- Textured paint
- Vinyl floor tiles or coverings.
Loosely bound or ‘friable’ asbestos Melbourne was rarely used in domestic situations. However, it is possible that loose asbestos fibres may have been used as:
- Insulation on hot water pipes
- Insulation in old domestic heaters
- Insulation in stoves
- Ceiling insulation products.
As a guide, houses that were built:
- Before the mid-1980s are highly likely to have asbestos-containing products
- Between the mid-1980s and 1990 may have asbestos-containing products
- After 1990 are unlikely to have asbestos-containing products.